BAY KNOLL CHURCH TO RE-OPEN
See details below for modified in-person worship service.
Our church re-opened May 16th because we believe that what happens here is ‘Essential’ to the well being of our people and community. However, be advised that there is no way, even when following recommended guidelines, that we can guarantee a person’s safety. If you are elderly, vulnerable, or have pre-existing conditions, consider taking special precautions and/or join our church for worship online. Families and their children are welcome to attend, but Children's Sabbath School will not begin until NYS Phase 3 re-opening.
As many of you know, New York State began Phase 1 to reopen the state on May 15th. In consultation with the New York Conference of Seventh-day Adventists (and legal counsel), the Elders and Bay Knoll Church board have voted to hold in-person worship service at Bay Knoll Church (building). Please note that these will be modified gatherings designed to both help us re-socialize as a community and be safe while doing so.
Below you will find some guidelines for participating and what to expect on Saturdays.
IMPORTANT NOTE: the entire church building will be cleaned and disinfected according to CDC guidelines before and after services. Hand sanitation stations will be set-up throughout the building for your convenience and everyone's safety.
Please stay home if you are...
- Not feeling well or have a temperature
- Not ready to attend in person
- Feel vulnerable
- Have been in contact with someone that has been diagnosed or is in quarantine with Coronavirus (COVID-19)
NOTE: all services will also be available online until it is safe to have everyone join us again.
Those attending Bay Knoll Church in-person plan to...
- Wear a mask covering both nose and mouth at all times - those without masks will not be allowed in the building (per CDC, State, and NY Conference guidelines). Masks will be available if you forget to bring one.
- Maintain a safe social distance of 6' or more from others at all times
- Greet each other with a smile and refrain from hugging or shaking hands
- Enter and exit the building at designated areas marked with signage
- Stay out of rooms that are locked or marked as closed
- Avoid touching surfaces unnecessarily
- Leave every other pew empty and keep 6' between you and those that are not part of your household while seated
NOTE: it is critical for everyone's safety to be sure to follow the above-mentioned guidelines. Please see the CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidelines if you have any questions regarding the versus and your health.
Contact email@example.com to be added to the church email list.
Below are the state, county, city, CDC, and church websites for COVID-19:
New York State: https://coronavirus.health.ny.
Monroe County, NY: https://www2.monroecounty.gov/health-coronavirus
Rochester, NY: https://www.cityofrochester.
- CDC Guidelines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
North American Division, SDA: https://www.nadadventist.org/news/nad-administration-provides-guidance-church-north-america-during-covid-19-pandemic
- New York Conference, SDA: https://www.nyconf.org/corona-virus-information
Welcome to Bay Knoll Church & School!
We are a Christian Church & School that belongs to the Seventh-day Adventist movement. We accept the Bible as both the only source of our beliefs and standard for our faith and practice - we would love to have you join our family.
Learn more about our school: https://www.bayknollschool.org/
We look forward to you joining us!
Bay Knoll SDA Church
Church Phone: 585-544-4340